Kathy's Blog

Monday, January 05, 2009

Kids are back in school---

Routines are back! I dropped each child off at their school and then headed straight to the gym. I put in a 45 minute workout with good effort and then took my sweaty body to the grocery store. I bought 200 dollars worth of good healthy foods...the reason why there are so many fat people in America? Because healthy foods like milk, lean meats, veggies and fruits costs so damn much! I know I could be a more frugal shopper and hit more than one store, use coupons better and look for sales, but I am not that person. But still, no one should have to pay 7 bucks for a thing of grapes or 9 bucks for about 1 pound of boneless skinless breast filets. Yes, I am picky---I don't want to cook chicken on the bone or have to peel the skin off, so yeah I pay more for it. But 9 bucks? I can tell you that the same chicken isn't sold for 9 bucks in Alabama. If you want to feed your family for under 10 bucks, people go to places like McD's or taco bell where they have the value menu. I KNOW people who are not in that great of financial shape right now and they do this to keep everyone fed. Double cheeseburgers are 99 cents...you can't make a turkey burger at home for that. Anyway, I am happy that I am back on the exercise and healthy eating bandwagon---I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I just emailed you saying the same thing about the grapes. OMG $9 and they ate them in and hour! LOL

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home