Kathy's Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Chritsmas Eve

The kids are VERY excited right now. They woke up early today---just to tell us that Santa is coming tonight. It is so cool having kids that are old enough to understand the Holiday---are are just so excited they almost burst with happiness. Tonight we are having a big ol' family dinner---lasagna, garlic cheese bread, salad, appetizers, dessert---hopefully we get to enjoy the food without the kids pestering us too much about opening gifts. My mom and sister and nephew are coming, as well as Ken's parents his brother and his girlfriend. Our good friends Steph and Jeff are coming with their little ankle biters and my bachelor neighbor said he will come over for some food and fun too. It'll be so fun. My sister came over last night and we finished wrapping almost everything. I have a couple things I shoulkd wrap for Ken and we have to assemble the things that Santa is bringing. Those things are never wrapped, they are just out and waiting for the kids on Christmas morning. I have a few things under my tree, but not too much. I only put out the stuff that my family will open tonight and the stuff for Anthony and Amelia (those ankle biters I spoke earlier about). The house will be FULL of presents when my mom gets here though. Now, she is a big Santa in an elf's body. She LOVES spoiling the kids and always says it is her duty and priveledge and grandma to buy the kids lots of stuff and spoil them rotten. She is a wonderful grandma for many reasons, but mostly because she loves them SO much and they love her SO much too. It's funny, my nephew is 13 now but when he was little he drew a picture and wrote G (for Grandma) and her name is Rose, so he put that together and wrote it to Grose, so now we call her the gross grandma LOL Too funny. Anyway this is a rambling post, although most of mine are now a days. I realized yesterday that I put a bag of old toys out for this donation pick up thing and was mad when it was still out there last night---I was sure pickup was Tuesday. But last night while sleeping, someone in my dream called to tell me it was pickup NEXT tuesday, and low and behold the card does say Tuesday but it is the 30th, which IS next Tuesday! Weird huh? Have a great Christmas everyone!!!!

Kelly, kiss those kids for me, and tell Katie she is a sweetie pie, and tell Ash that she needs to stop growing into such a big girl, and let Jack catch up a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home