Kathy's Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

2 days in a row!

I think 2 more days of exercise and I will have a good base to start a real schedule of working out! I have been hitting the gym the last 2 days and working a good amount of calories off while I am there. Tomorrow is a class work day so I might not get to the gym, but I am going to try. I plan to go to Aunica's class dressing in my gym clothes and hit it as soon as I get out of her class. I usually get out of there by recess, and so hopefully I will be at the gym by 10:30. I do fun and fit club at her school at 1. Thursday should be another gym day with no problems since I don't work in Jack's class until the afternoon. Friday is always up in the air as to how long I will be in Aunica's class. I may have to do a home workout in the evening on my treadmill---Ken brought it in the house before X-mas. I always said I didn't want it in the house but the kids have actually left it alone and not bothered it at all. My food consumption is way down and I have been really good about what foods I am eating. No more junk! I have even gone to the california website for the food pyramid and looked at their calculators and stuff and it helped me figure out where the extra sugars are coming from that I can cut out. My kids were starting to get into the bad habit of only liking to eat certain foods---mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, hot dogs and bread---they love bread. So I am trying to make better choices for them too. I bought this Annie's creamy organic mac and cheese (we'll see how they like that) and I am cutting out the fruit cups and just having them eat fresh fruits and trying to get them to eat more veggies. They have always been okay with veggies, but I want to see if I can get more types of veggies in them. I think they do okay with food in general, we don't eat a lot of fast food and we don't fry anything (I don't even know if I have oil in the house) and they eat lots of fruit. They do get candy when we go to the movies, but with the price of tickets and snackbar for the 4 of us we don't go that often. As I write this down and think about it more, they do pretty well in eating things. Jack has a very sensitive nose, I think the saying "when you lose a sense, another one gets stronger" is SO true with him. His hearing may be somewhat damaged but there is something about his sense of smell. He won't try anything that has any type of scent to it---like certain cheeses that have a pungent smell or stuff that doesn't have that much of a smell like potatoes---he smells it and says no before even tasting it. But, maybe with a heightened sense of smell his taste buds are even more sensitive to tastes. Anyway, part of the new year 2009 our family is trying to make better choices. Heck, I only have 32 weeks before Bass Lake 2009 and I want to lose some weight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home