Kathy's Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun swimming!

Today we went to the gym and the kids played in the kids club. My gym actually has a pretty nice kids area (the gym is new). They have a big climber with a slide, some video games, a TV, a playhouse and a neat basketball thing. So I did 45 minutes of cardio and then we came home. I got everyone ready to leave by 10 for Stroytime in Orange. We had a great time and the kids did craft and had snack after the 30 minute storytime. Then we went to a friends house and got the kids ready to go in the sun (you know the sunblock ritual) and we swam for a bit and decided to take the kids in the house for lunch. Alas, we were locked out. Jack, my lovable little hellion, thought that the lock needed to be turned a certain direction so he turned it without letting any of us know, so when we went to get back in, we were locked out. My friends house is like my own, fort knocks! Everything was locked, including the side gates so we couldn't even get out---well we could have scaled the fence but then wouldn't have anywhere to go since all the keys and cellphones were in the house. So my friend hopped the brick wall (her inlaws live right behind her) and she went and found a spare key. It was pretty funny. Luckily the kids had a great time because they got to get back in the pool while we waited for the door to be unlocked! We came home from swimming and did 2 pages of workbook (I helped Jack do his) and then we read, and Aunica read to me. Now the kids are having a little down time before we head out to the waterslide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home