Kathy's Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

6 weeks until Bass Lake!

Whoo hoo...only 6 short weeks until Bass Lake, and I can hardly wait. I LOVE our annual trek to Northern California. Again this year we are going for 2 weeks. The kids have a ball playing in the lake and going fast on the boat---this year we bought 2 inflatable Kayaks that can be single or tandum and we can't wait to use those. Thank you for the stimulus package this year!!!! We go with Ken's parents and his Brother and his girlfriend, and we all just have a great time. I feel conflicted though because I want our vacation to come fast but once it is over it will be 2 weeks until the new school year starts. I am going to probably be ready for the new year to start but we have so many changes this September that I am feeling a little weirded out by it all. Anyway, I am very happy that summer is finally here and I hope to do lots of stuff with the kiddos during our summer vacation before I have both kids in school.

Oh, in other news, Ken was invited to a "team event" with his new department at work, and that means travelling to Florida. When he worked in other departments here in California, his team events were at Disneyland so while he missed working that day, he was usually just at the park doing something with his team. But now, if he goes to an event he has to go to Florida. So now, about 4 times a year he will be spending about 1 week in Florida. I hate when he travels. The last time he had to fly to Florida Aunica was only 6 months old...anyway, he will be missing the 1st event because it is in August while we are at Bass Lake, but I hear the next event is in September and it will be a work week. I am not looking forward to that at all. I have never been alone in my house with the kids before. When he went in 2002, when Aunica was 6 months old, my BIL still lived with us. Maybe I will get a friend to stay with me, OR I can be an adult and suck it up LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home