Kathy's Blog

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mother's Tea

Today my daughter's kindergarten class had a Mother's Tea---well, actually the whole preschool and kindergarten did. Gary (my FIL) picked up my son and my MIL Audrey came with me to the tea. Aunica's class sang some songs---old ones where they replaced the words with MOM. Very cute, kinda corny too but sweet. Then we went to chapel for the nutty pastor to give a sermon--not so short though, so he lost most of his younger audience pretty quickly. Then back to the fellowship hall for danish, bagels, donuts and fruit. Punch instead of tea LOL I held out and only had some grapes. I didn't get to my CFC dvd today, but I will definitely get to the garage tonight to do a treadmill workout. I still have weight to lose and not so much time to do it. Our family camping trip is coming up, and I am trying to keep my head about the whole thing. I tend to have this image in my head of the perfect trip, no problems or worries and I end up feeling let down if the trip doesn't end up the way I had hoped. We should have a great time but we shall see what the reality of the whole thing ends up being. The trip is in June, and my mom, sister and nephew are going as well as my BIL and his girlfriend, Audrey and Gary and of course Ken, the kids and I. My mom, sister and nephew have never been on the boat before so this should be fun. I plan to spend a good deal of time on shore at the little roped off beach swim area with the kids since Aunica and Jack aren't too thrilled when the boat is actually moving more than a slow crawl. Tonight is spinach tortellini for the kids and dad and I am having chicken caprese and broccoli---I don't really care for tortellini so i am going to skip it. Why waste calories on something I won't enjoy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home