Kathy's Blog

Sunday, July 09, 2006

It's Sunday!

I am hoping to get carpet this week! They haven't called so if they don't call by tomorrow I will call them and see what is up. I paid on Friday and it was 3-5 business days to get a call from them. Well, there was Monday, and then a Holiday and then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ken said I shouldn't even count Monday because it was most likely a Holiday for them as well. So I have at least 3 days down, so maybe the first part of this week they will call me.

The painting is done...for me at least. There are just some last minute touch ups around the moldings and ceilings where the white and color meet and have overlapped or been smudged. Ken will do that. We need to clean the floors too before the carpet gets here as well. Even better news is that Ken and his dad installed all the new windows today so they are in. He has to seal the moldings on them as well, but he said that is a little last minute touch too. IT would be oh so cool to have the carpet in this week too.

We picked up the kids beds from Bergstroms on Saturday and the boxes are huge. We can't unload them and assemble them until the carpet is in, so the boxes are in the livingroom in front of the couches (the room with the air conditioner). Gosh my house is a mess and a half. We have shit piled everywhere. The good thing is that we should have a place for this shit when the rooms are done. SO close---it's like that saying...so close, yet so far away. I almost can't wait.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

ooh I can't wait to see the beds!!

Are you coming on Tuesday to pick Watermelons? You should really come with us. :-)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Yes, I plan to. I am going to call Aunica's school to see if she can stay for nap and then I won't have to rush off to pick her up.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home