Kathy's Blog

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Painting Still

Today Ken and his dad are working on the 2nd coat on the hall and our room. I think after that they will be done for the day. It is already 10:35 and SO hot already. I don't think the paint is supposed to be applied on days hotter than 90 degrees. I don't think it will get that hot, but the poor guys are so hot already. We can't open the hall door to get the air conditioning to them because Jackman is a maniac and would be all over the wet paint. I am waiting for the sun to dry the grass a little more so I can get to mowing the back 40. It is so tall and it needs to be cut. There is a small section that is way lower than the rest, and it took me awhile to figure it out. Then this morning I saw Charlie chowing down...if he could just eat faster and everyday, we wouldn't need to mow at all LOL

So our plan of having all the painting done by Monday is not working out but hopefully it will be done by the next playdate. I mean it kinda has to because that carpet is going to be installed soon and it has to be done before that. Anyway, it is coming along nicely. I love that we have so much color in the house, but I am nervous about how I will like the colors tomorrow and next week...Can I live with this much color? I grew up in this house and we NEVER had anything on the walls but Navajo white. The kitchen and bathroom were the only rooms with color. Of course I can say now that I could have gone with more jewel tone colors but I like what we have for now. I don't think I could ever convince DH to paint again (any time soon at least).

I am off to the grocery store later in the afternoon for the weeks groceries and some stuff for the holiday BBQ. I am also going to buy some candy for the kids for the movie we are seeing tomorrow with our playgroup friends. I will be buying drinks and popcorn at the movies though (well at least for the kids) and hopefully the food will keep them still during the movie. They were pretty good when we went to see Ice Age 2 Meltdown. I am excited to see The Wild...but I can't wait to see Cars!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I can't wait for cars to get to the cheap theater.

I like all the color in your house! Our apartment drives me crazy because it's so white. Our carpet is even the same color as the walls. LOL

I'm going to try and be at the movie tomorrow a little bit early so Amelia can run around before she has to sit in the movie...

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

We will be there a little early as well...I don't know what parking is like now, but it used to be that you had to park in the structure. And, I wonder if there will be lots of people there for the movie. We shall see how it goes!!! LOL

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home