Kathy's Blog

Friday, June 23, 2006

Carpet is ordered

Well, I ordered my carpet tonight. Thank heavens for the Home Depot employee who told us last night to wait until today to order it, since it went on sale today. The carpet is normally 4.97 a square foot and it was 25 percent off today. We upgraded to the thicker pad, but it still is going to be cheaper than if we had bought it yesterday. I LOVE this carpet---it is called chocolate cake and the texture of it is heavenly. They are going to call me on Tuesday between 7 and 9 am to let me know what time they can come to take the measurements, then I will get a call a few days after that to let me know exactly what the total will be and to schedule the install. Now we have to get that painting started and completed before the carpet is installed. I hope to start painting tomorrow evening. We have to do 2 coats per surface with 4 hours between coats. So if we start at 6:30 then by 10:30 we can start the 2nd coat. Ken thinks with both of us painting we can do all the cielings in one night and then 1 room per evening. So hopefully we can get it done this week. I just need to not put Jack down for a nap so he will go to bed early. I can't wait to have it all done!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Can't wait to see the chocolate carpet, when I'm craving sweets, I'm just gonna hang out in your bed room with the chocolate floor and banana split walls. :-)

11:45 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hey---I won't be embarrassed of the back of the house so we can all just climb into bed and hang out in my snack named bedroom!!!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home