Kathy's Blog

Friday, June 30, 2006

It's Friday!

We took the night off from painting because we had dinner plans with my sister for her 36th birthday. We had some good food and great conversation. Jack was even a good boy at dinner. He walked around from person to person trying everyone's dinner, but he was a good boy. Now the kids are sleeping and daddy is in the garage exercising. I am reading blogs of friends and writing on my own.

Today was a good day. 1st, I woke up and weighed myself and realized I had hit the 60 pound loss mark. I can't believe it. 6 months and 60 pounds later, I am feeling good about myself. I still don't know what to say when people tell me how good I look but I just smile and say "I am trying"...it's the truth, I still have a good ways to go, but I am over halfway there. My 31st birthday is in 6 months and I would like to be at goal by then. It was also a good day because all my closest friends were at my house today and we had a great time. Steph, Stacy, Michelle, Carrie, Jenn, Bree and Sandra were all here today with their kids and they all played hard. The pool was hopping and the food was flowing. It's always a good sign when the clock says 2:30 and everyone is amazed it is so late. I love spending time with the mommies in my group. OCplaygroup has become more to me then just a day of the week where I can get out and let the kids play. It has given me more friends than I have ever had---at least close friends like these gals. I have known a few of them longer than my own kid LOL I just have a lot of fun with them, and I love their kids. There will always be a place for them in my life---even when our kids are having their own playdates---in fact Aunica and my friend Michelle's son may grow up to have some playdates of their own---to the mall, movies and dare I say to dinner LOL

I am off to read my book. The new Iris Johanson is dynamite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home