Kathy's Blog

Friday, June 27, 2008

TGIF

No really, thank god it is Friday. I can finally get some rest! Well, not really but you know I can hope right? Today was nice, I had a few friends from playgroup over and we let the kids play on the waterslide and then we just hung out and the last mom went home about 2:30 and now both kids are in my room watching the Letter Factory Storybook version. Man, I am going to go rest my eyes and maybe hit a power nap---Ken should be home soon. I have some laundry done and ran the dishwasher, emptied it and filled it again. Now, here is my latest dilemna (I know some playgroup moms read this so it isn't a secret) but I think it may be my time to let go of the playgroup. Move on and hand it over to another mom who has some years left in the loop. Steph would run it now, if she still want to become owner of the group, but with both my kids in school fulltime at two different schools starting in the Fall I don't think I will be able to do a whole lot with the group. I of course want to be in the group and get to participate in stuff like MNO and when the kids are off on vacations and all that, but I don't think it will be such a big part of us anymore. That part is sad, all of my great friends that I have made I made in this group. It is hard to move on with another part of my life, and realize that Jack and I won't be heading over to the park with Lucas, Leah, Trinity, Chance, Amelia and Lorelei on a Thursday afternoon or to a Fullerton Chuck E Cheese...but everyone has to grow up sometime right? I just don't want to. If this first week is any indicator of the rest of the summer, we are going to be very busy and will be ready to relax in Bass Lake in August. Oh, and in July I will have my nephew to cart to and from band camp (this one time at Band Camp LOL) so I have to pick him up by noon, so I don't think we will be going many places the last 3 weeks in July :( We will just have to have people here at the house I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home