Kathy's Blog

Friday, June 23, 2006

I can't believe it is Friday again already! This week went by pretty quick. Last night Ken and I left the kids with his parents (they took the kids to get ice cream) and we went to Home Depot. Now, normally I dread going to Home Depot. I don't find that store as fascinating as my husband does. BUT we went to pick out carpet and paint colors. I had lots of fun looking at all the colors and textures of carpet and paints. We went with Fairest of them all Pink for the little princesses room, Silly Old Bear green for the Jackman, and I picked the yummiest yellow called Banana Split for our room. The hall is getting a neutral color called Weathered Sandstone. The carpet we looked at is a very rich brown---it's called chocolate cake. Kinda funny that the 2 people watching what they eat are turning their oom into the chocolate cake floor and banana split walled room LOL The guy in the carpet department of Home Depot (or Home Deposit as I like to call it lately) said that the particular carpet we chose is going on sale today so we are again leaving the kids with Ken's parents and we are going to order that carpet tonight. The guy said that we will order it tonight and then 3-5 days after that they will come to measure and then 7-10 days after that (minimum 7-10 days) they will come to install. So from today we have about 2 weeks to complete all the painting. We have to paint ceilings, walls and moldings in 3 rooms and a hallway. I like that we are not rushed but have a schedule at the same time.

Now, on Saturday Ken and his dad are going to order the windows and finally install the tankless water heater (they already took the window out, ran the piping for the new gas line) and then on Sunday we have a wedding so we probably won't get to painting until Sunday night or Monday night. I am so excited. Once the carpet is in we can go buy some furniture (3 beds, 4 dressers, a couple nightstand lamps, a new toybox for Aunica) and decide on the closet organizers. Whew, I am tired just typing that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

It sounds like the end is in sight. Thats so funny that you picked banana split, I found that color the other day and really liked it. (That and Cherry cobbler, but I'm not sure about painting a rental red..)when we move in October I plan to actually paint wherever we end up.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I really wanted a yellow and had thought about something more pale, but when I saw the Banana Split I really liked it. I like the warmer palate of colors. The poor guy at the paint counter was filling in for the regular guy while he was on lunch---we show up and say we want 12 gallons of paint mixed and the guy almost had a heart attack LOL

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home