Kathy's Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday

Well, it's almost here---almost time to go back to school...back to a routine. I am conflicted about that. I would love to be able to sleep in, and get to take the kids to the park and see friends on playgroup days. But I also LOVE when I get my time too. When the kids are not in school, they are with me. I am going to be so torn when the summer hits. Almost 3 months of being home with the kids all the time---it will be both wonderful and horrible LOL I think everything would be great if I could find some neighborhood kids who were Jack's age that could come over and play with him. It is very easy for Aunica to get someone to play with because there are 3 girls right on our block that are either 6 months older or younger than her, so that is great. Jack is kind of screwed---no one remotely his age in our area. This summer I am going to have summer playdates at my house, maybe on Fridays, but I think they will have to be outdoor playdates. With the waterslide, playhouse, trampoline and little bike road I am sure I can swing it. The house has changed a lot since last summer (when I had regular playdates) and now the house has turned into a more "grown up" kids house. I have legos and small toys---breakable dolls and radios and musical instruments...too much stuff to move into my locked room to keep from getting into the wrong hands. Everyone knows my house was the best place for playgroups but now i have become the next Michelle. Anyone who knows the playgroup knows that Michelle did it first. She had the amazing playdates at her house, where the kids could get into stuff and play outside and not get into too much trouble (lord of the flies anyone?) and then her kids got bigger and their toys got smaller and less age appropriate for the majority of the group...so it became my house on Fridays and for a long time we had a great time. We still will this summer with all the stuff I described above, but it will have to be an outdoor playdate. I guess if we all want to trek out to Riverside (which I am sure we will do at some point) then it will be Steph's turn to have the choas of playgroup in her house lol Although, I don't think anything can top her two little tornados.

In other news, I can't wait for next Saturday. We are getting a whole night out without kids...my sister and mom are going to come to my house around 10 and then Ken and I get to go. They will take the kids to lunch and a movie or the bookstore or whatever they decide and then at 4 they will drop them off to Ken's parents who will take them to dinner and then keep them overnight. More specifically, Jack's first overnight anywhere! Ken has been to Florida for 4 days once last year, but I have never been away from Jack for more than the time he is in school each day. I think we will both do well. I haven't decided what we should do yet. I know we are staying the night at the Newport Marriott in Fashion Island, right on the beach. Check in isn't until 4 though so I guess we will have lunch and maybe do some shopping, see a movie, maybe hit the tide pools or I don't know what---but the thought of being without our kids for more than 24 hours is awesome! The grandparents are just as excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home