Kathy's Blog

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Absentee Ballot

I got mine and I am going to do all my voting tonight! This way I know I am going to get it done, and I can take all the time I want to read and make the wise choices. Something I saw on the news last night concerns me...why is it that some of the BIG decision maker states, like Florida, states that could sway the election, have such bad voting procedures. Waiting hours in the hot sun just to vote early and poling places knowing they won't be equipped for voter turnout on election day---already asking to extend their hours for voting. They have known for months that this would be a momentous voting year, people who have never voted are going to come out and vote and people who haven't felt the desire to vote are coming back...Then if one side doesn't win will they say it is because Florida (or one of the other states with voter turnout problems) will get blamed. I just think that the people in charge of getting voter places situated haven't done a good job...come on they only have to do it every 4 years! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home