Kathy's Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thursday June 1st

Well, Summer is almost here!!! YAY I am so excited about the warmer months. Starting in the middle of June I will be watching my 10 year old (he will be 11 in July) nephew everyday---I am not sure how that will turn out but we shall see. He will just have to be ready to attend my playgroup stuff with me. Now that it is warm, I have been spending a lot of time outside in the backyard with the kids. I am trying to get Jackman used to the water, he hates being cold, so DH attached the hose to the water heater and we emptied the 40 gallon water heater into the pool. It didn't make it bath water, but it took the chill off of it. I think this might be the 1st summer we don't sign the kids up for swim lessons. I am sad about that, but the place we always go to is closed again this year due to construction of the new pool. We went through the city last year and it totally sucked. Aunica had a ball in her group (tiny tots) but the mommy and me class was so crazy---the teacher just had us play in the water, there was no structure at all. The heater in the pool broke so the water was like 63 degrees and Jack hated it. We ended up not even going in the water the whole second week. Anyway, I am sad that this year we will probably skip it. Aunica is a fish and she seems to even be swimming in the pool we have in the backyard. I can't wait to go to Bass Lake in August and see how well she does. Of course she will be wearing her floatation jacket anytime she goes in the water or boat. On the diet front, I am still doing well. I am teetering between 199 and 200 but that is mostly because of the Holiday weekend combined with aunt flo coming for a suprise (early) visit. Hopefully by Bass Lake (which is 9 weeks away) I will have dropped another 8-10 pounds***Keeping my fingers crossed***
UGH I better stop chatting with myself and go do some much needed cleaning and laundry---tomorrow is playgroup! I love my playgroup friends. We have so much fun. I am so conflicted a lot of the time though. I want my kids to grow up and be independent and in school learning things. Aunica goes to Kindergarten in September and she will miss playgroup all the time (unless she is on vacation) and that makes me kinda sad. Jack has another 15 months before he starts school---I guess I will just be the only member who comes to playgroup who has no kids LOL

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

By the time Jack is done with playgroup, I'll have two kids probably, so you can just bring one of my kids! LOL

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home