Kathy's Blog

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Kenny

Kenny is 41 today! My beautiful girl just ran outside to the garage to sing to her daddy. Today is a busy day, I have some shopping to do, I have a site council meeting at 4 followed by a PTA council meeting at 4:30 and then meeting up with the whole family for dinner at SOYA. We have been trying to decide what to do for a big family vacation this year---we just think that Bass Lake might be over for us as a family vacation. 1) it is very expensive, 2) it is getting harder to find a house that can hold all of us that go, and 3) some of the family members are getting older and having more trouble getting around the house/stairs/paths in Bass Lake. I think the number one reason though is expense. Last year we spent 6K on the house, 2K on boats/rentals and then a bunch on food and souvies. The kids are asking for a "tall house" with a giant pool. Jack has always called hotels tall houses so now we all do too. Now if I could find a tall house with a kid quest inside of it in Vegas, we are SET! I know they have kids quest at Avi in Laughlin, but I just don't see Avi as a great family vacation. Maybe the Grand Canyon would be a neat destination. I just don't know if the kids would enjoy it yet---they are still pretty little to enjoy that kind of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home